Saturday, June 23, 2007

Two down, one to go


We had our second party tonight and allthough it was a lot of work, it went extreamly well. We had a great turn out from the church members and they were able really make some connections with our readers. So we all feel better about the relationships we've built over the last 2 weeks, that they church memebers will continue to cultivate these relationships.

We have a little friendly competetion going on here about whose readers love them more. I am convinced it is mine. They always bring me food and take me out on the town. Yeasterday, Katya brought me bananas and then the next hour Euginia brought me icecream and made plans to take Aaron and I out to see the city at night on Monday. Finnaly, Olga arrived with Pizza which was perfect because we wanted pizza but couldn't find a place to order or go get any, so we bought frozen pizza and had just started to eat when Olga arrived with fresh pizza from the Pizza Factory! It was sooo good. Olga has also brought me candy that I didn't like much so everyone else ate it. She is also going to take us around Moscow next Sunday. But best of all everyone had to agree my students love me most! But I love them too and I really lucked out on students too. I don't have any that are too clingy or stinky like Denise and D.jay. Ohh I just remembered I told one of my students I didn't like the milk here in Russia and she explained its because its all powdered and that you have to get it imported from Finland to have real cows milk. Soooo, she is going to bring me real cows milk this weekend from her Dacha where they have 2 milk cows! A Dacha is a country house and most everyone goes to it on the weekends here in Moscow.

D.Jay's students are even great to me! Igor is comming to pick me up on Wednesday and taking me to a Mary Kay meeting! What an experience! I can't wait! I am so excited! What a nice guy. I am so bubbling over with excitement!

Here are some pictures from our Pirates of the Carribean party.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I doubt that anyone else will be able to say that they've been to MK Mtg's in the US & Russia. That is too cool. I hope none of the students ever read your blogspot. They will always wonder who the stinky, clingy or whatevers that you described were! One more week til you get home and until Anthony and Emma get here. I've been doing strength and endurence exercises. That means I'm now able to walk from end to end of house without having to take nap when I get to the back. Next goal, being able to walk to Mom's without passing out!

Anonymous said...

Don't forget today is your daddy's Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Have you read my blogspot:
www.lisa-ezzell.blogspot.com?

Skip and Glenna said...

We're delighted that you are developing such good relations between your readers and with the church. That's the key to bringing people to Christ.

We're truly looking forward to seeing you when you get back.

You are in our prayers.

Unknown said...

Hi,Gynnalynn!
I am enjoying your "transparent" comments about Russia and your new friends. I know you are a blessing to your new friends. Nice to hear the giggle on Singing Video:)
Much love & many prayers from Texas.